[patch] Reverse Task Switch (Alt+Shift+Tab)

Dan Compton gtg786g at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 29 08:15:34 CET 2003

I have a few questions.  First, how am I suppose to get the CVS HEAD?
I've noticed talk on these dev message lists about the CVS being moved
from the sourceforge.net server to a new server.  And I read that there
is no anonymous login support for the new server yet.  Also, the details
haven't been updated on the xfce.org webpage.  I have a patch to add
reverse task switching by pressing the Shift key.  The problem is since
I don't have access to CVS, I just have this patch for xfce_4_0.  If
anyone wants to try it out on 4.0.0, here is the patch (apply with
"patch -p0 < xfwm4-4.0.0.new.patch" from the directory above the
xfwm4-4.0.0 directory).

The new feature is that while in the "Alt-Tab" (or whatever key you bind
it to) task switching mode, you can press Shift to go in reverse.  If
Shift is in your task switch key already, then it doesn't change the
behavior.  A dedicated key for reverse switching tasks was difficult to
make because of all the key modifier junk and it would be much uglier,
although it can be done.

Dan Compton