New Contributor

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Wed Oct 29 03:13:52 CET 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:04:29 -0500, Dan Compton wrote:

> I'd like to introduce myself to the Xfce developers because I'd like to
> possibly contribute some of my work to Xfce in the future.  My name is
> Dan Compton; I live in Georgia, USA; I attend Georgia Tech.  I'd like

Nice ta meetcha! ;-)

> any hints/tips/links to information regarding contributing new
> features/changes to Xfce.  I made a short post in response to a thread
> in the Xfce mailing list stating that I was working on adding the new
> Expose (accent) features of Max OS X 10.3 (Panther) to Xfce4's xfwm4.  I
> will also try to add Shift+Alt+Tab support to the cycle windows in order
> to scroll backwards between the windows.  And, I might add the display
> of the icon in the tabwin as well.  Anyways,  I know Oliver wrote all
> (or majority?) of xfwm4 and I wanted to see what his thoughts on this
> are.  Also, I'm doing my changes to xfwm4-4.0.0.  Should I use a later
> CVS version Oliver?

The best way to get feedback on your ideas is to post a patch with your changes
to this list. Of course, your patch might get rejected -- but that's life. ;-)

If you are doing feature additions, make changes to cvs HEAD. If you are making
bug fixes, you need to do them against HEAD and xfce_4_0.

HTH,

-- b