moving menu items around with the mouse

Philip Webb purslow at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 14 05:57:02 CEST 2003

031013 Dinesh Nadarajah wrote:
> once I put an item in a launcher drawer (within a menu in the XFCE panel)
> I cannot drag and drop it onto another menu on the panel.
> If I create a new icon and attach a menu item, and decide to reorganize,
> I have to re-enter all the information for each launcher entry.
> Is there an easier way to do this?

i'm in the process of setting up XFCE 4 on a new box,
while still using XFCE 3 on this one (so i can't check  ~/.xfce4 ).
IIRC there is a config file which lists all the panel info in simple XML,
st it sb relatively easy to make such changes using Vim (whatever).
what you suggest wb a nice feature, however.

i wd like to see the menu arrows restored to above the icons (like XFCE 3 )
& the menu icon in the panel represent the 1st item in its menu.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca