New desktop: updates

Danny Milosavljevic danny.milo at gmx.net
Mon Oct 13 18:50:13 CEST 2003

Hi!

Am Mon, den 13.10.2003 schrieb Luca Roccia um 18:25:
> Il dom, 2003-10-12 alle 13:58, Luca Roccia ha scritto:
> > Icon integration with xfce is finished.
> > Now you can control icons layout from xfce panel-setup.
> >
> > >From now on I'll work on showing minimized app.s on desktop.
> >
> > Please let me know if you want a preview.
> Still got prob.s wiyh mail :(
>
> Here mvideo.sourceforge.net/xfce4-desktop-b2.tar.bz2 is the new ver.
>
> Please note:
> -you have to install at lease settings/* or there will be no xfce
> integration for icons and nothing will work...
> -right now there is support for modifying only .lnk icons (.deskpot are
> only readable).
>
> In attach you'll find a sample .lnk (put theme in ~/desktop/.name.lnk)

Hehe, looks nice :) I especially like the settings plugin icon :)

but: Is the desktop icon's initial position always at the top left
corner? (above each other, that is) or was it only a remainder of the
previous version :)

and: will a background picture list be supported ? (a la xfdesktop) ;)

also, maybe it would be good to invent multiple seperate areas on the
desktop. I'm thinking like a seperate area for mountpoints, for
minimized windows, and for launcher icons (with its own title line above
the respective area).
Okay, I stop now :) Don't hit me :)

cheers,
  Danny