Some Fancy Options.

Alexandre Araujo Moreira alexandream at ufrj.br
Sun Oct 12 17:35:30 CEST 2003

First of all I'd like to say Thanks for the great piece of software that
you guys managed to get running.

Well... I don't know if I'm the only one who doesn't like this but... I
think there should be an option to turn off the tear-off and 'Add
Launcher' buttons from the popup menus on the Panel. I know there is
such a cmopile time option to do that.... but I've been thinking about
having it in a Properties Dialog for each popup (or some sort of global
feature)

Well... I've been reading the source code but... I'm not THAT good at
programming. I came out with some things:

There is already the 'infra-structure' to add such code (There is the
code that shows/hides the add launcher button if the global option is
set and the tear-off button is easily tweaked to not show if some option
is set.) wouldn't be hard to code some option in the xfce4rc file to
keep the options recorded on the file ... (maybe in the <Popup> section....)

I'd do it myself but... I really lack abillity when it comes to GUI
programming and there are many things I don't understand in the 'how do
the xfce project get structured' if anyone could implement this, or show
me the directions so that I could at least patch my xfce to work this
way... Thanks

PS: I don't know if this is gonna make it all the way down to the
mailing list... I've been trying to post twice before and it never
showed up (not even an error message)