desktopmenu future plans?

Tuukka Mäkinen tukem at iki.fi
Fri Nov 21 20:36:35 CET 2003

Tuukka Mäkinen wrote:
> Just noticed that link to dtd in this page
> http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/menu-spec is the dtd for menu.xml
> instead of dtd for xml version of the standard. This is what I was
> looking for. Now there's some change of understanding relations between
> elements.

Maybe the third time...

I have started writing an email two times and on both times the solution
came to me before I managed to finish my writing. So far I'm confident
with this problem though ;-)

What is the scope of different elements in freedesktop menu standard.
Consider following example.

<Menu>
   <Name>Foo</Name>
   <Menu>
     <Name>FooBar</Name>
     <AppDir>ApplicationDir</AppDir>
     <Include>
       <All>       <-- Does this exist? -->
     </Include>
   </Menu>
   <Menu>
     <Name>FooFoo</Name>
     <AppDir>SystemDir</AppDir>
     <Include>
       <All>       <-- Does this exist? -->
     </Include>
   </Menu>
</Menu>

Does FooFoo submenu also contain programs from ApplicationDir or only
from SystemDir? The questions about <All> elements existence is because
the menu specification mentions it but corresponding dtd file doesn't.

-Tuukka