panel problems

Martti Kuparinen martti.kuparinen at iki.fi
Tue Nov 11 11:30:39 CET 2003

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Any messages in .xsession-errors or stderr?

No, nothing. There's a note stderr that the X was
killed but that's all.

> Does the panel crash as well or only xterm?

Yes, the whole X is killed as I have Xsun.core file. Other
window managers such as twm work fine.

> Do you use the session manager

No

>>Debugging (and compilation) will be a real pain with this old work horse...
>
> What kind of "old work horse" you are using exactly?

This NetBSD/sparc64 baby is Ultra2 (200 MHz UltraSparc, 384 MB, very slow
and not-so-quiet SCSI disks :-). Not very fast compared to my new
Xeon system with U320 disks and RAID controller.

Martti