panel problems

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Nov 11 11:38:01 CET 2003

On Tue, 11, Nov 2003, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> >Any messages in .xsession-errors or stderr?
>
> No, nothing. There's a note stderr that the X was
> killed but that's all.
>
> >Does the panel crash as well or only xterm?
>
> Yes, the whole X is killed as I have Xsun.core file. Other
> window managers such as twm work fine.

Wow, thats bad. Have you tried to debug the Xsun.core so far? That
might help to get an idea of what could went wrong.

And have you tried to remove the libsystemload.so file from the
plugins dir?

> >What kind of "old work horse" you are using exactly?
>
> This NetBSD/sparc64 baby is Ultra2 (200 MHz UltraSparc, 384 MB, very slow
> and not-so-quiet SCSI disks :-). Not very fast compared to my new
> Xeon system with U320 disks and RAID controller.

Anyway, some of the good old UltraSparcs are as good as modern Intel
hardware when it comes to Oracle database server or similar tasks :-),
though they aren't that "fast" when it comes to desktop applications.

> Martti

regards,
Benedikt

--