Pointer Connected to "Window change workspaces" Issue

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu May 22 12:38:32 CEST 2003

hmm,

On Thu, 22 May 2003 12:22:20 +0200 (CEST)
Olivier FOURDAN <fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Don,
>
> I'm affraid not, because of consistency. I was against making desktop
> switch with the mouse (I never liked that feature in any environment I
> tried), but you guys asked for that. Fine, I did it.
>
> Now, disconnecting these options would bloat the configuration panel
> (which is already too bloated for my taste) and would break
> consistency IMO.
>
> FYI, I've switched off desktop wrapping myself because of that,
> although I liked to be able to drag windows from workspace to
> workspace...

Me too. Should we reconsider this option? I'm not in favour of
constantly changing behaviour, but in this case I feel the gain of
workspace switching with the pointer is smaller than the loss of
window dragging across workspaces.

I thought it was just me, but apparently you had to turn off the feature
as well; it is just not working for me.

You can decide, but I just wanted to mention that removing the option is
still a possibility.

	Jasper