Pointer Connected to "Window change workspaces" Issue

Luis Miguel Garcia ktech at wanadoo.es
Thu May 22 14:14:27 CEST 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 12:38:32 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> hmm,
>
> On Thu, 22 May 2003 12:22:20 +0200 (CEST)
> Olivier FOURDAN <fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > Don,
> >
> > I'm affraid not, because of consistency. I was against making desktop
> > switch with the mouse (I never liked that feature in any environment I
> > tried), but you guys asked for that. Fine, I did it.
> >
> > Now, disconnecting these options would bloat the configuration panel
> > (which is already too bloated for my taste) and would break
> > consistency IMO.
> >
> > FYI, I've switched off desktop wrapping myself because of that,
> > although I liked to be able to drag windows from workspace to
> > workspace...
> >

> Me too. Should we reconsider this option? I'm not in favour of
> constantly changing behaviour, but in this case I feel the gain of
> workspace switching with the pointer is smaller than the loss of
> window dragging across workspaces.
>
> I thought it was just me, but apparently you had to turn off the feature
> as well; it is just not working for me.
>
> You can decide, but I just wanted to mention that removing the option is
> still a possibility.

jasper, I think that fixing this feature in order to count only horizontal movements will solve the issues, not to?

cheers

> 	Jasper

Luis Miguel Garcia Mancebo
Ingenieria Tecnica en Informatica de Gestion
Universidad de Deusto / University of Deusto
Bilbao / Spain
there's no place that I could be without you
there's no place that I could gleam without you
there's no place that I could dream without you
there's no place that I could be without you
honestly