focus issues

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue May 13 21:26:58 CEST 2003

Hi Matt,

I tryed hard to reproduce the problem you described w/out success.

1) I run xfwm4 alone, no taskbar, no panel, no nothing
2) I run an xterm.
3) I use focus follow mouse
4) Focus is set onto the terminal
5) I switch to the next workspace using Alt+Right
6) I click on the desktop
7) I switch back to the first desktop using Alt+Left
8) The focus is correctly set to the terminal
9) I retry with 2 terminals
10) I retry several times
11) Everything works fine
12) I believe the problem is with epistrophy because it's the only thing
that differ between your config and mine
13) FYI, epistrophy must have a window mapped off screen to be able to
grab keys
14) Focus may very well go to that window.
15) Retry w/out epistrophy
16) That's all I can tell :)

Cheers,
Olivier.