focus issues

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Tue May 6 21:41:36 CEST 2003

-- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote
(on Tuesday, 06 May 2003, 09:11 PM +0200):
> I don't know about "epistrophy" nor what it really does, but if you try
> without and if that proves to work, then it means that "epistrophy"
> isn't supported.

epistrophy is a program that provides keybindings to certain net_wm
actions, primarily related to window operations (cycling through them,
raising, making omnipresent, iconifying, shading, etc) and workspace
operations (cycling through workspaces, sending windows to them, etc),
in addition to allowing the user to configure keybindings to launch
programs (I have keys bound to launch xlock and providing bindings for
altering speaker volume, for instance).

It was written originally to provide keybindings for openbox, but the
author realized that since it was operating by setting net_wm hints, it
could be used in any net_wm compliant window manager. It works great
with xfwm4! Unfortunately, the current source is only available with
openbox, and I had to hack at it a little to be able to install it
without openbox. If I get a chance, I'll email the author and see if he
could provide a standalone package of it. (I know that blackbox users
testing the current development branch like it, and this would also
provide a benefit there.)

I can't seem to reproduce the problems I'm having "on demand" -- but I
have noticed even today that flipping through the workspaces using the
scroll wheel on my mouse sometimes exhibits the behaviour. I'll try
updating from CVS to see if it's fixed.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net