focus issues

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Tue May 13 18:27:07 CEST 2003

-- Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote
(on Tuesday, 06 May 2003, 09:19 PM +0200):
> I would suggest trying the latest CVS though. It's always a good idea to
> try the latest CVS.

I grabbed CVS yesterday, and I think I can now tell you how to recreate
the problem.

1. open a program on a workspace; remember where it's open. (In my case,
   I first noticed it on an aterm window I had maximized.)
2. go to the next workspace
3. click on the root window
4. move the mouse to a point within the general area in which the window
   on the other workspace is open
5. switch back to the original workspace

The window will no longer have focus, nor will it receive focus, even if
the mouse is over it. You need to move the mouse off the window and back
onto it.

It seems to me that proper behaviour would be for the last window to
have focus on the workspace to receive focus when switching back to the
workspace, or for the window under the pointer to receive focus when
entering the workspace.

By the way, I received the same behaviour whether I was switching to the
workspace via mouse scroll or via epistrophy.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net
http://matthew.weierophinney.net