xffm settings and mcs

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sun May 11 03:53:33 CEST 2003

El sáb, 10-05-2003 a las 18:16, Olivier Fourdan escribió:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> Anyway, it's no big deal. Let's focus on the goal, ie have separate
> config files for xffm's mcs plug-in and mcs itself.

That's done now. The config file for xffm is xffmrc.xml while the one
the mcs uses is xffm.xml. They both have the same format and are
produced by the same routine. But please consider the option of
reintroducing the icontheme and iconsize into mcs with the
--disable-geek-version [default] option to configure. I really have no
interest in forcing my preferences on others but myself.

> Let me know once I can start modifying the plug-in (I might have very
> little time next week, so I can't give any promise on when I'll be able
> to work on it).

You can start as soon as you want to. I'm done. You most definitely want
to remove:
#include "../libs/settings.c" since that is included to have the
routines for reading and writing the config file.

The type of variables xffm expects to receive from mcs are all strings.
You might wish to modify it if you see fit.

> I had planned to work on that tonite but I was not sure that you've
> commited all your changes and I finaly worked on multiscreen improvement
> for xfwm4 (for Danny).

Next I will be preparing some screenshots explaining how to use xfbook
with different bookmark files (this feature has been there for a while
but I have not announced it because I would need the snapshots to
explain it right). And I might add the ROX icon theme (but that goes to
xfce4-extras), so I will be pretty much be keeping my hands of the xffm
source code tree (unless Kameshwar reports another bug for Solaris ;-)

saludos,

Edscott