xffm settings and mcs

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri May 9 21:14:01 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 18:59, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> I think I can make the switch without much trouble. Replacing
> XFFM_HIDE_FSTAB, XFFM_HIDE_BOOK, XFFM_HIDE_LOCAL, XFFM_HIDE_NETWORK,
> XFFM_HIDE_APPS, XFFM_HIDE_FIND, XFFM_HIDE_TRASH,XFFM_APPEND_FILES and
> XFFM_HOLD_XTERM with simple checkboxes in the plugin would make the
> interface much cleaner. All the values except SMB_USER should also be
> saved. XFFM_STATUS_LINE_LENGTH, XFFM_MAX_PREVIEW_SIZE would serve better
> as numeric spin buttons. That would leave the editable treeview with
> XTERM, XFFM_HOME, SMB_USER and SMB_CODESET. Do you want me to go ahead
> with these modification? (i.e., does it make sense?)

Well first thing IMO is to decide the type of data stored in mcs (mcs
support "string", "int" and "color" - boolean being usually treated as
"int")

Once you are okay with the types, you can implement a GUI that is
homogeneous with the data types.

Then we can start working on the MCS part.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org