xffm settings and mcs

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri May 9 20:13:48 CEST 2003

On 09 May 2003 11:59:43 -0500
edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx> wrote:

> I think I can make the switch without much trouble. Replacing
> XFFM_HIDE_FSTAB, XFFM_HIDE_BOOK, XFFM_HIDE_LOCAL, XFFM_HIDE_NETWORK,
> XFFM_HIDE_APPS, XFFM_HIDE_FIND, XFFM_HIDE_TRASH,XFFM_APPEND_FILES and
> XFFM_HOLD_XTERM with simple checkboxes in the plugin would make the
> interface much cleaner. All the values except SMB_USER should also be
> saved. XFFM_STATUS_LINE_LENGTH, XFFM_MAX_PREVIEW_SIZE would serve
> better as numeric spin buttons. That would leave the editable treeview
> with XTERM, XFFM_HOME, SMB_USER and SMB_CODESET. Do you want me to go
> ahead with these modification? (i.e., does it make sense?)

It certainly makes sense. One question, why do you say SMB_USER should
not be saved? Isn't it highly likely that the user will want to use that
again? Also, values that are not saved should IMO not be in the settings
dialog at all, you should prompt for them when first needed and save
them in memory for the duration of one session.

	Jasper