xftaskbar problem

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon May 5 23:30:20 CEST 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003 16:14:55 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:

> I just built xfce-utils, and it seems that the taskbar is broken:
> xftaskbar4: error while loading shared libraries: xftaskbar4:
> undefined symbol: xfce_system_tray_new

This is a fairly recent addition to libxfcegui4, so it may be that you
don't have it yet (also it seems the linker is not giving very useful
error messages ;-)

> Am i missing something obvious?
>
> Also the panel, menubar (i'm not sure what the official name is for
> it) refuses to resize from Medium.  Or rather, it resizes just fine,
> but if i have it set to autohide, as soon as it hides, it becomes this
> floating silver bar about 1cm from the edge of the screen.

1) It's called 'panel' ;-)

2) Do you mean the panel doesn't unhide? Just to be sure, turning into a
5 pixel high bar_is_ the autohiding. You get the panel back by moving
your mouse over it. It should hide in the direction of the nearest
screen edge so that if you put the panel on one of the edges-- which is
the only logical place anyway, IMO -- it will be very easy to hit it
with the mouse pointer.

	Jasper