xftaskbar problem

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Tue May 6 00:27:56 CEST 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On Mon, 5 May 2003 16:14:55 -0400 (EDT)
> Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
> > Also the panel, menubar (i'm not sure what the official name is for
> > it) refuses to resize from Medium.  Or rather, it resizes just fine,
> > but if i have it set to autohide, as soon as it hides, it becomes this
> > floating silver bar about 1cm from the edge of the screen.
> >

> 1) It's called 'panel' ;-)
>
> 2) Do you mean the panel doesn't unhide? Just to be sure, turning into a
> 5 pixel high bar_is_ the autohiding. You get the panel back by moving
> your mouse over it. It should hide in the direction of the nearest
> screen edge so that if you put the panel on one of the edges-- which is
> the only logical place anyway, IMO -- it will be very easy to hit it
> with the mouse pointer.

No, its hiding just fine.  I'm familiar with how that is supposed to work
(and it did work as expected up until this recent build).  It behaves just
fine if the size is set to medium.  However, if i change the size to
something smaller (Small, Tiny), then it hides, but floats off of the edge
of the screen, abot 1cm in, so that i see this silver bar sitting in th
emiddle of nowhere.  I'll try & get you a screenshot tomorrow, if this
doesn't make any sense.

Lonni J Friedman				netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo		     http://netllama.ipfox.com