suggestion

Juraj Ziegler e at hq.sk
Mon May 5 00:16:40 CEST 2003

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 08:00:27PM +0200, Luis Miguel Garcia wrote:
> On Sun, 04 May 2003 08:18:04 -0700
> "Net Llama!" <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
>
> > On 05/04/03 05:53, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > > Hi Luis,
> > >
> > > I think this feature is already there, it's a EWMH hint that apps
> > > should/could use.
> > >
> > > If you want a certain app not to show in the taskbar, ask the author of
> > > the given app to implement that hint in his/her app.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Olivier.

> > i think what Luis was asking for was a means of preventing apps from
> > getting stacked up in the task bar, not to prevent them from appearing
> > altogether.  Like Mozilla, for example, stacks up multiple windows, and
> > i also find it really annoying.
>

> yes, I was talking about that. It's very annoying for browsers and chat (IM) programs.

I think it's a good feature. Having 3 mozilla windows (which is pretty
normal for me) would result in two more entries in the task bar ->
smaller space for the text -> shorter, unreadable text.

If what you ask should become implemented, please please please make it
configurable.

[e]

>e at hq.sk<                   /(bb|[^b]{2})/                 >http://hq.sk/~euro<
        "always know what you say, but do not always say what you know"