suggestion

Luis Miguel Garcia ktech at wanadoo.es
Sun May 4 20:00:27 CEST 2003

On Sun, 04 May 2003 08:18:04 -0700
"Net Llama!" <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:

> On 05/04/03 05:53, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > I think this feature is already there, it's a EWMH hint that apps
> > should/could use.
> >
> > If you want a certain app not to show in the taskbar, ask the author of
> > the given app to implement that hint in his/her app.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Olivier.
> >
> > On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 14:52, Luis Miguel Garcia wrote:
> >> and what about choosing what app "I don't want to be stacked in the taskbar"?
> >>
> >> I think it's very annoying in win XP and xfce has this feature but I think there must be something like "Apps I don't want to be stacked in taskbar".
> >>
> >> What do you think? Oliver?
>
> i think what Luis was asking for was a means of preventing apps from
> getting stacked up in the task bar, not to prevent them from appearing
> altogether.  Like Mozilla, for example, stacks up multiple windows, and
> i also find it really annoying.

yes, I was talking about that. It's very annoying for browsers and chat (IM) programs.

> --

Luis Miguel Garcia Mancebo
Ingenieria Tecnica en Informatica de Gestion
Universidad de Deusto / University of Deusto
Bilbao / Spain
there's no place that I could be without you
there's no place that I could gleam without you
there's no place that I could dream without you
there's no place that I could be without you
honestly