desktop menu idea

Michael Jakl mj at int-x.org
Sun Mar 23 15:11:57 CET 2003

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 12:52:38PM +0100, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Just a quick thought on the desktop menu. I really don't have time to do
> any development at the moment I'm afraid, so I'll just drop the idea
> here.
>
> It would be very helpful if the desktop menu file (~/.xfce4/menu.xml)
> could include other files. This would make it quite easy to have scripts
> that generate submenus, e.g. for a debian menu or a gnome/kde menu.
>
> Then, only one line needs to be added to the user's menu.xml and the
> generated menu can be updated independently.
>
> <include name="debian.xml"/>
>
> I don't know how hard it would be, but it doesn't sound too complicated
> to me.

Isn't this done by XML (system) entities? Just like described in
    http://www.xml.com/pub/a/98/08/xmlqna2.html

I don't know if your XML Parser can handle this, or even if you use one?

HTH
Michael

--
Michael Jakl <mj at int-x.org> http://www.int-x.org
Computer Science is no more about Computers than astronomy is