desktop menu idea

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sun Mar 23 12:52:38 CET 2003

Just a quick thought on the desktop menu. I really don't have time to do
any development at the moment I'm afraid, so I'll just drop the idea
here.

It would be very helpful if the desktop menu file (~/.xfce4/menu.xml)
could include other files. This would make it quite easy to have scripts
that generate submenus, e.g. for a debian menu or a gnome/kde menu.

Then, only one line needs to be added to the user's menu.xml and the
generated menu can be updated independently.

<include name="debian.xml"/>

I don't know how hard it would be, but it doesn't sound too complicated
to me.

	Jasper