Repeating keystrokes

Michael Jakl mj at int-x.org
Sun Mar 23 13:35:21 CET 2003

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 12:23:43PM +0100, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Michael
>
> It's not a problem with xfce, there is a bug somewhere in between the
> bios, X and the kernel.
>
> It's a known problem (a quick google search will give you some hints,
> and it seems Xaccess is a workarroutd. This problem shows regularly on
> the Toshiba list).

I don't think this is related to the Toshiba problem. I played around
with accessx... . I don't get double letters except with accessx.

> I think it shows in xfce because xfce changes the repeat rate. You could
> simple remove the keyboard plugin and see if the problem arises again.

Yes, I've enabled "XkbDisable" and the galeon (the only really reproduceable
prob.) issue was gone. Maybe galeon couldn't display everything fast
enough, but cached the keys.

I'll try to get more information about it (especially about the workspace
switching thing). I'll let you know if I've found something.

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Jakl <mj at int-x.org> http://www.int-x.org
Scientists build to learn, engineers learn to build.