Feature request: button icons should reflect the state (sticky, shaded, maximized)

Jens Guballa J.Guballa at t-online.de
Mon Mar 17 22:11:46 CET 2003

Hi Olivier,

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:46:33PM +0100, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
> I modified your patch to use 6 states (active, inactive, pressed, as
> before, plus toggled-active, toggled-inactive and toggled-pressed) per
> buttons instead of a separate array for toggled buttons.

Whow! I am deeply impressed how fast you react!

I also recognized, that a separat toggled-pressed button would be fine.

> It might waste a few bytes, but it make things more logical, consistent,
> IMO. It allows a "toggled" + "pressed" state which was missing from your
> patch.
>
> I've also fixed the gtk theme (you've got to define the color
> replacement inside the xpm, not just edit it with the gimp or any other
> image editor... Open one I've modified and you'll understand what I
> mean) - That's partly what requires the most work when designing a
> theme.

I had a look at the xpm-files and I was really not aware of that.

Unfortunately I am not a graphic artist. Otherwise I could/would
contribute the missing *.xpm files for some of the other themes.

[...]

> It's all in CVS.

Once again: Fantastic!

Bye,