Beta2 on Solaris

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at student.uni-siegen.de
Wed Jun 25 22:25:52 CEST 2003

> *) $LIBS=-lXext is still needed to compile xfwm4 (It might be needed
>    in other modules.  This is where I first bumped into it)

Finally fixed (sorry, I forgot about it).

> *) xfce4-mixer is not ready for Solaris (I recall Benedikt mentioning
>    he was working on this, since NetBSD uses the same/similar driver)

I've started working on it, but its not high-priority for me, since
NetBSD does OSS as well. Anyway: The way Solaris handles stuff is a
bit different from that NetBSD handles it. Therefore expect this
to come with XFce 4.2 (atleast if nobody else wants to do it :).

> *) xfprint needs to have the print queue name by itself in the system
>    name field.

Exactly.

> *) xfce4-trigger-launcher was not included in the beta2 package
>    (oversight?)

I guess Olivier does not consider this be ready for inclusion.

> *) The fstab feature in xffm causes xffm to crash (Solaris uses
>    /etc/vfstab.  Don't know if this is the issue or not)

I provided a patch for this some time ago, but edscott reworked the
stuff (mainly because FreeBSD has had problems IIRC). I think it
has worked on Solaris in the meantime, but I'm not sure.

> Everything else looks awesome and works great!  Good job team!  :-)

Thanks.

Benedikt

--
NetBSD operating system:                         http://www.NetBSD.org/