Beta2 on Solaris

Craig A. Betts craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 25 21:57:48 CEST 2003

Looks awesome, team!  :-)

I ran into a few glitches on Solaris and I want to share with y'all...

*) $LIBS=-lXext is still needed to compile xfwm4 (It might be needed
    in other modules.  This is where I first bumped into it)

*) xfce4-mixer is not ready for Solaris (I recall Benedikt mentioning
    he was working on this, since NetBSD uses the same/similar driver)

*) xfprint needs to have the print queue name by itself in the system
    name field.

*) xfce4-trigger-launcher was not included in the beta2 package
    (oversight?)

*) The fstab feature in xffm causes xffm to crash (Solaris uses
    /etc/vfstab.  Don't know if this is the issue or not)

Everything else looks awesome and works great!  Good job team!  :-)
--
Craig A. Betts
IT Security Design Engineer