gettext version [Was: Re: japanese translation fail]

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Jun 23 19:10:11 CEST 2003

On Mon, 23, Jun 2003, Ric wrote:

Hello Ric,

> Is there a chance that y'all could stick with 0.11.4? - at
> least until it proves to be unacceptable.
> The 0.11.4 is the version supplied with RH9(
> gettext-0.11.4-7.i386.rpm  ).

We are about to standardize on 0.11.5, because the version shipped
with RH9 does not work. It would be rather senseless to standardize
on the broken RH9 version :-)

> It seems a shame to mandate
> an upgrade for people that just upgraded (which may keep
> people from using XFce4).

This is only for developers. Users are free to use whatever version they
want to use. Although I suggest anyone to use the versions mentioned
here. This may prevent you from unneccessary trouble.

> Ric
> ***

Benedikt

--