gettext version [Was: Re: japanese translation fail]

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 19:57:55 CEST 2003

Hi Benedikt:

Thanks for the info -did not know 0.11.4-7 was broken;
thought it was previous version that was causing trouble.

On that note I have another question:
Is there a need for someone to test XFce4 on MandrakeSoft
9.x distro; provide S/RPMS, bug reports, etc?

( ...  There is a big problem with GTK+ package naming
scheme for RH-vs-MDK.  Also, there is freetype 1 -vs-
freetype 2 and some other things...   It's a lot of effort
to get XFce4 up and stable. )

--- Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
wrote:
> On Mon, 23, Jun 2003, Ric wrote:
>
> Hello Ric,
>
> > Is there a chance that y'all could stick with 0.11.4? -
> at
> > least until it proves to be unacceptable.
> > The 0.11.4 is the version supplied with RH9(
> > gettext-0.11.4-7.i386.rpm  ).
>
> We are about to standardize on 0.11.5, because the
> version shipped
> with RH9 does not work. It would be rather senseless to
> standardize
> on the broken RH9 version :-)
>
> > It seems a shame to mandate
> > an upgrade for people that just upgraded (which may
> keep
> > people from using XFce4).
>
> This is only for developers. Users are free to use
> whatever version they
> want to use. Although I suggest anyone to use the
> versions mentioned
> here. This may prevent you from unneccessary trouble.
>
> > Ric
> > ***
>
> Benedikt
>
> --