xfce4 on solaris 8/sparc

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Jul 28 16:54:08 CEST 2003

On Mon, 28, Jul 2003, Craig A. Betts wrote:

> I am in the process of making a dtlogin script for XFce4.  In the mean
> time, here is what I am currently using...
>
> 1) Load some other Window Manager (i.e. Gnome, KDE) and use there
> dtlogin manager script to generate a session manager entry.
>
> 2) Build the .xinitrc script for XFce (see docs for XFce for explanation)
>
> 3) Logout and select the window manager you installed in step 1
>
> The .xinitrc file should override the selected manager and give you
> XFce.  Hope this helps.  :)

I'm using dtx11session to launch XFce4 with dtlogin (Solaris 8). You
can grab it here:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/x11/dtx11session

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/