xfce4 on solaris 8/sparc

Craig A. Betts craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 28 17:57:17 CEST 2003

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> On Mon, 28, Jul 2003, Craig A. Betts wrote:
>

>>I am in the process of making a dtlogin script for XFce4.  In the mean
>>time, here is what I am currently using...
>>
>>1) Load some other Window Manager (i.e. Gnome, KDE) and use there
>>dtlogin manager script to generate a session manager entry.
>>
>>2) Build the .xinitrc script for XFce (see docs for XFce for explanation)
>>
>>3) Logout and select the window manager you installed in step 1
>>
>>The .xinitrc file should override the selected manager and give you
>>XFce.  Hope this helps.  :)
>

> I'm using dtx11session to launch XFce4 with dtlogin (Solaris 8). You
> can grab it here:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/x11/dtx11session
>
> Benedikt

Wow!  Thanks for the input.  This gets around the problem I had with
XFce3's dtlogin session and using tcsh.  I am still working on a
standard dtlogin selection, but the screen flashes quickly an returns to
the login prompt.  I have always been a lamer with the whole dt enviornment.

--
Craig A. Betts
IT Security Design Engineer