Tips

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Jul 23 07:10:28 CEST 2003

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work for me. Whatever I do, it
complains about missing "fortune".

As I agree that "fortune" is needed to get fortune messages :) I hardly
understand why forture is required when "tips" is selected, and even why
fortune missing prevents xfce4-tips to display tips at all...

Another missing is a way to say "Don"t display at startup" - using a
flag file or something in $HOME/.xfce4/

Maybe it's just me, but if I can't get it to work the way I expect it,
guess what a newcomer will think....

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org