suse8.2

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 09:14:37 CEST 2003

--- David Price <davidmprice at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> I have installed rpms for suse but cannot get xfce4 to be recognised in
> either
> kdm or gdm can anybody help with wich file needs editing please.

This is a problem with MDK too as there is no post script to update those.
Sorry to hear that 'cause my build is _just_ done and I was kinda hoping I
could 'just use it'. Oh well, it is just one more little thing to do:

run chksession -k , for kde and chksession -g for gdm to find out what is
listed.
fndsession should add XFce4 to the list(s). (/usr/sbin/fndSession on MDK
systems)

the kdm configuration is in the
/usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
on MDK systems  but I would suggest using the kde control center -Login Mgr(or
somethin like that) and "Add" XFce4 to it if fndsession does not work for you.

HTH, enjoy XFce4 !

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric
***
Thought for today:
The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because freedom is priceless.
~ Hugh Downs