suse8.2

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Tue Jul 22 07:49:05 CEST 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:38:15 +0100
David Price <davidmprice at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I have installed rpms for suse but cannot get xfce4 to be recognised
> in either kdm or gdm can anybody help with wich file needs editing

The easiest method here is to setup the ~/.xinitrc and ~/.xsession (as a symlink to ~/.xinitrc) then select the 'default' session in either kdm or gdm. This method executes the users .xinitrc.

How to actually edit them is another adventure altogether and depends on several things including where they are installed, which versions etc.

Mike T.