system-load-plugin-0.1.0

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Tue Jul 1 19:04:40 CEST 2003

Hello,

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 at 18:05 (+0200), Riccardo Persichetti wrote:

>   I'd like to announce initial release of system-load-plugin.
> As the name implies, it's an xfce4 plugin that monitors the
> current system load.

Very great work, thanks!

The only question I have on the xfce4-developers: Is the only way to
'activate' new plugins after installing them to log out and log in
again? I tried 'killall -USR1 xfce4-panel', the panel disappeard for a
second but the new plugin was not available. After loggin out and
logging in it worked.

> It's my first xfce4 panel plugin (i hope i can make some others in
> the near future),

(What about a netload plugin (or including this in the system-load
plugin). Just the same bar in another color which displays the network
traffic for a specific device (ippp0, eth0, ...). Just an idea.)

Regards,
Bernhard