Re 2: more xffm changes and bugs

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Jan 28 00:38:20 CET 2003

El lun, 27-01-2003 a las 12:37, Jens Luedicke escribió:
> On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 06:15, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > El sáb, 25-01-2003 a las 07:21, Jens Luedicke escribió:
> > > Hi ...
> > >
> > > I modified the find and the remove dialog to
> > > have a more consistent look&feel. I hope that is ok :)
> >
> > Nope. Not consistent with xfglob from xfce3.
> >
> > Sorry. I've undone changes.
> >

> The find dialog? or remove?

The find dialog.

> I removed the large toggle button in remove in favor of
> a smaller checkbutton. Looks better.

Oops. Since I reverted to the previous xffm.glade it must have been
undone too. You forgot to mention the change to the remove dialog and I
didn't notice it. I'm looking at it right now. It looks good, but I
don't think it should be in the same hbox as the radio, but rather the
place where Jasper suggested some time ago (where I believe it's at
now).

> In the find dialog I removed two viewports and replaced
> their labels with a GtkTextView. Furthermore I cleaned the GUI
> a little. I prefer if widgets (buttons, labels) are not much
> larger than their embedded text.
>
> Thoughts?

The help texts should remain as gtklabels stuck inside a scrolled
viewport. This is because the labels are much leaner than textviews
since they don't have a bunch of callbacks that gtk2 always adds.

I don't favor either toggle or check button since they both look good to
me. Maybe someone else would like to comment so I'm attaching
screenshots of both (but please note that only the big question mark
icon actually appears, the warning is for a different dialog)

EWG