Hacking together better menu support in xfdesktop?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Jan 23 08:38:54 CET 2003

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:44:06 +0530
Biju Chacko <botsie at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On 22 Jan 2003 20:50:25 -0500, Mark C. Chu-Carroll wrote:
>
> > I was looking over xfdesktop, because I really hate xterm, and
> > wanted to have it launch some other terminal. Looking over the code,
> > it looks like putting together a simple menu parser for extending
> > the xfdesktop left-button menu might be a manageable task. Would it
> > interfere with anything that anyone else out there is working on for
> > me to take a shot at that?

[...]
> I can see the utility of a simple rcfile based menu that can be hacked
> up in a day or two. It would give us something to use *now* and take
> some pressure off of me. The latter is not necessarily a good thing.
> ;-)

I think it would be really nice to have a temporary (until botsie
finishes his menu parser) menu generator that uses the existing
xfdeskmenurc format, without gnome, kde and themes menus, just
launchers, submenus and separators, and exit I think, although you could
also just add that at the bottom of the menu always.

I you are interested and don't mind getting your code ripped out at a
later time, I would gladly put it in xfdesktop.

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net