to edscott wilson garcia

Didier Wiroth didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Wed Jan 22 11:14:13 CET 2003

Hey,
(concerns 4.7-release)
I saw that your are also using Freebsd!

How did you manage to compile xffm? I tried to run configure or
autogen.sh but it always fails because of dbh!
I installed dbh from ports /usr/ports/databases/dbh which is version 1.0.11

I tried also the following dbh versions from their site:
1) 1.0.11 (which fails, I was not able to compile it)
2) dbh_1.0-10.tgz (I was able to compile and install but it didn't
resolve the problem)
3) dbh 1.0.6 (fails to compile)

(using autogen.sh or/and configure produces the following error)
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking whether we are using the DBH Library... no
Error: DBHashtables library not found.
You may obtain the latest version of DBH at http://dbh.sf.net

Thanks
Didier