Status of xfce4

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Fri Feb 7 16:27:57 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 20:19, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> I don't think I can find the time to implement this soon. IMO it's not
> 'critical' since we do have the taskbar (yeah, I know you don't like it
> :).

ok ... maybe it's not 'critical', but it's important at least. I think
we should look at integrating the taskbar with the panel for 4.2. I can
live with that better than a separate taskbar.

> Also I can't estimate well how much time it would take to implement
> this. The general idea of how it should work are pretty clear: A
> GtkFixed container inside the background window. Buttons for every
> minimized app. You have to keep track of all windows using netk lib and
> hide / show buttons as necessary.
>
> The hard part is probaly in the details: you have to remember the
> position of an icon, what to do if that position is taken by another
> icon, do you use a different container for each workspace, etc.

Why not use a hbox/vbox (user pref). Keep adding buttons to it and add
another parallel [vh]box when it gets full.

-- b