Iconbox behavior different from panel

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Dec 24 14:17:31 CET 2003

Op wo 24-12-2003, om 14:08 schreef iSteve:
> Greetings,
> as I was today compiling the latest cvs source of xfce, I've found out
> that the behavior of panel is updated (In the source, it is added with
> this comment: "if on the edge, move slightly over the edge by the width
> of the shadow to take advantage of Fitts law: putting the mouse pointer
> on the edge will hit the buttons, instead of the window border. "),
> while iconbox remains the same. Since I can rather easily read the
> panel's source, but I am completely lost in the iconbox, I solved it for
> myself that I removed the panel's feature ... however, this matter
> should be resolved by fixing iconbox, for I guess I am not the only one
> who runs iconbox and panel 'in line' and wants to keep the look clean.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure I will keep that feature though, just
trying some things to improve usability. It's a bit of a hack though, so
I'm not entirely happy with it. Some things also look strange (date-time
in vertical mode, I had to add a space at the end just to make it look
normal again).

So, please complain if it still isn't fixed by the time we start talking
about a 4.2 release ;-)

Thanks,
	Jasper