Window manager question

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Aug 31 03:43:36 CEST 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Bernhard Walle wrote:

> today I had a situation where one window overlapped another but the
> lower had the focus. It was after I closed an application. I cannot
> reproduce it, though. The application I closed was Eclipse (Motif), the
> other two were xterm.
>
> My question: Is there any possibility to reach this "by-hand", i.e. to
> bring a window on top without focus? The only application I know that do
> this itself is Mozilla.

	This happens occasionally with me.  I'll have evolution running
and I'll click on a link in an email and Mozilla will come up behind
evolution but with focus.  Clicking or mousing over (I run
focus-follows-mouse) will not raise the Mozilla window.  What I do clear
this up is to shade then unshade evolution and then focus/raising work
just fine.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.