drag and drop to the doc.

crypt at ihug.co.nz crypt at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 27 11:21:12 CEST 2003

Hi I have been trying using drag and drop to run applications on the doc
in xfce.

I have xmms setup and an icon there and have been trying to start it by
dragging directories to it from various file managers.

For some reason with 3 diff file managers I get completely different
results even though they all work fine when dragging the directories to
a running copy of xmms.

xffm seems to work fine but isn't the file manager that I really want to
use, nautilus works as far as the drag and drop operation goes but
doesn't pass any information through so xmms starts with a file
selector box wanting to know what to play and konqueror which is what I
am really wanting to use doesn't even get to the point where the drag is
accepted.

Any idea what is likely to be the cause of this as drag and drop seems
to work between kde and gnome apps this seems to be a xfce thing.

Joe.

in real life: Joseph Skinner         |There's no such thing as a wizard
email: crypt at ihug.co.nz              |who minds his own business
       Analyst/Programmer            | - Berengis the Black