more nedit dialog problems

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Sun Aug 24 16:01:09 CEST 2003

Hello Olivier,

nice to see you back. :-)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 at 15:38 (+0200), Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> As you are reporting problems with Motif based apps, and I have have no
> such problem myself with those, I'd like to know what exact version of
> Motif you use.

I have this problems with Motif applications, Perl/Tk applications and
even with Swing/Java (Blackdown 1.4.1 J2SDK). I think this is because
Swing is based on AWT and AWT on Unix is based on Motif. I use JEdit as
my editor. It's not 100 % reproducable but let's say more than 50 % in
Tcl/Tk and 20 % in Java.

rc2 had this problem not!

xdvi (self compiled) gives me:
        Compiled with @(#)Motif Version 2.1.30, runtime version 2.1

For example I type Ctrl-f to search in JEdit, hit Esc to close the
dialog and if I have no luck then the main-window doesn't have the
keyboard focus. Clicking on the window has no result.

Regards,
Bernhard