XSLT

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Aug 8 19:53:54 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 12:48, Ric wrote:

> > 	IMNSHO, move the original rc file to xfce4rc.bak and generate a
>          ^^^^^^
> ? InMyNoSh!tHonestOpinion ? :)

	Heh, never thought of that one.  There are many who would say that this
interpretation of the acronym fits me quite well.

> > completely new one from the xfce3rc input.
>
> Sounds like a plan. Can you do that with perl-XML-XSLT or
> perl-XML-libXSLT?
>
> I do not know perl well enuf to know.

	To be honest, I don't know perl that well either and the only thing I
know about XML (et. al.) is how to spell it.  My "solution" to this
would be to dig out the parts of the xfce3rc file that you want and then
just manually hardcode the new xfce4rc file as output.  Let's see...

Take the items in the xfce3rc file under [Commands] and the parts under
[Menu1] through [Menux] and then start building the xfce4rc file by
manually manipulating the items data from one to the other.  Set all the
popup entries to have -

	'<Icon id="-1">/icon/info/from/old/rcfile</Icon>'

Leave the <Tooltip> empty, put the command in the command section with
the options set to zero -

	<Command term="0" sn="0">foo</Command>

(Unless you want to look through and find all the ones that use the Term
setting).

	There's a lot of mind numbing data formating and sorting involved with
this exercise.  Makes my head spin.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.