libxfce4util i18n broken (follow-up)
fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Aug 7 18:47:24 CEST 2003
Hi Jasper, Benny,
* Setting (manually) LC_ALL to fr_FR.UTF-8 doesn't work
* Setting (manually) LANG to fr_FR.UTF-8 doesn't work
* Setting (manually) LC_ALL to fr_FR at UTF-8 doesn't work
* Setting (manually) LANG to fr_FR at UTF-8 doesn't work
* Setting (manually) LC_ALL to fr_FR.ISO8859-1 ** works **
* Setting (manually) LANG to fr_FR.ISO8859-1 doesn't work w/out LC_ALL
* Setting (manually) LC_ALL to fr_FR at ISO8859-1 doesn't work
Le jeu 07/08/2003 à 18:36, Olivier Fourdan a écrit :
> Hi Jasper,
> Unfortunately it doesn't work here...
> $ echo $LANG
> $ echo $LC_ALL
> And these values are the ones set by gdm when selecting French in its
> language menu...
> Le jeu 07/08/2003 à 16:52, Jasper Huijsmans a écrit :
> > Attached patch implements my proposed solution for the i18n problem. It
> > changes __localize_path (), so it works for both
> > xfce_get_file_localized() and xfce_get_dir_localized().
> > I'm all for a more standards-compliant alternative solution, but this
> > seems easier to me and I believe it is sufficient for our needs.
> > Jasper
> > ______________________________________________________________________
> > _______________________________________________
> > Xfce4-dev mailing list
> > Xfce4-dev at xfce.org
> > http://moongroup.com/mailman/listinfo/xfce4-dev
Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org
Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
More information about the Xfce4-dev