libxfce4util i18n broken
fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Aug 7 00:09:44 CEST 2003
libxfce4util i18n is broken. The file name has to be exactly the same
ext as the locale name, which is, weel, not good.
* If I set LANG=fr_FR then the filename must be named fiename.fr_FR
* If I set LANG=fr_FR at UTF8 then the filename must be named
filename.fr_FR at UTF8
* If I set LANG=fr then the filename must be named fiename.C
It's practically unmanageable and needs to be fixed.
For me the correct behaviour should be
* If lang=fr_FR at UTF8 then look for a file filename.fr_FR at UTF8, if it's
not found, then look for filename.fr_FR, if it's still not found then
look for filename.fr, if it's not found, then fallback to "filename"
* If lang=fr_FR then look for a file filename.fr_FR and if it's not
found, then look for filename.fr, if it's not found, then fallback to
* If lang=fr then look for a file "filename.fr", if it's not found, then
fallback to "filename"
This really needs to be fixed before RC3
1) I checked the search path passed to
"/etc/xfce4/%F.%L:/etc/xfce4/%F.%l:/etc/xfce4/%F" which is correct.
2) neither xfdesktop not xfce-about i18n work anyway...
Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org
Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
More information about the Xfce4-dev