xfce4-iconbox question

Tobias R. Henle tobias at page23.de
Tue Aug 5 13:04:49 CEST 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:05:51 +0200
"Tobias R. Henle" <tobias at page23.de> wrote:

| On 04 Aug 2003 13:44:40 -0400
| Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
| | I think it's either a layer setting or some other thing.  This
| | makes it stay on top of other windows.  Is there a way to tell it to use
| | a "normal" layer setting?
|
| not yet but this behaviour bothers me too >_< . i have a sollution here but it
| is not tested and i don't want to commit it to cvs until xfce v4 has been
| released and v4.2 development is started

maybee this would help you:
http://sys23.kicks-ass.net:8888/xfce/patch/xfce4-iconbox.patch.20030805.layer.diff
it is a patch which uses the xfce4-panel setting. it is not very clean coded
corse it uses some workarounds to be gtk2.0.? compatible -_- . (hehe thx to
jasper btw, copied some of your code from the panel! hope that is okay for u!!!)
simple apply this patch against the current cvs version of the xfce4-iconbox.
but remember this patch is no official xfce v4 stuff and there will be a better
(mostly cleaner version) for v4.2.

cya and much fun searching the xfce4-iconbox under all the windows *eg*

	-toby

ps if you have problems applieing this patch or sth does not work like it
should feel free to contact me!

--
[hp]        http://www.page23.de      |  /*\
[mail-web]  mailto:null at page23.de     |  \ /  join the ASCII ribbon campaign