xfce3rc -> xfce4rc conversion ?

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Aug 3 05:34:25 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 22:25, Ric wrote:

> I am working on the regex to parse the contents of the file that are
> pertinent to using them for the xfc4rc +plus the switcher info but
> ignoring the rest for now(Jasper's advice).  The Buttons names and
> Screens count are important because the panel from xfce3 always has
> "Buttons", now known as "Switcher" and I think that should be input
> even tho' it is not in the xfce4rc.
[...]
> I have not given up on using somebody's OSS to do most/part of the job.
> I found a couple of JAVA programs that might make a web interface
> possible. As well as a couple of (your fav) PERL programs...
> testing....
>
> If other options fail, once I get the regex done I am going to input
> them as the "Language" to  code2html  and see what it churns out

	FWLIW I am fairly good with awk so if you would like some help with
mangling the data I'd be happy to do what I can.  Since the data
essentially has a very ridged layout it shouldn't be to difficult to
hack it up.  Then you can use a2p to convert it to perl code for use
with the xml parser or whatever.

<sidenote>
I originally learned perl back in the early 90's by writing awk scripts
to do things then running them through a2p.  Perl is a wonderfully
powerful language but there are time when it's just easier to write 2
lines of awk than 25 lines of perl.
</sidenote>

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.