apparent cursor bug

Ric fhj52ads at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 04:31:25 CEST 2003

--- edscott wilson garcia <edscott at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:
> Thanks Ric for the information. I tend to think that the problem is
> due to some screwy misconfiguration on my system since it has not
been up
> it has not been up for very long.

That's what I said.  Very politely of course. ;-)
Here, I always go for MDK as the reason. They often try to "help" in
their scripts and sometimes just screws-up what _I_ think should
happen.  More often than not their "help" does help but sometimes it is
really grrrrrrritating...

> regards,
>
> Edscott
> On vie, 2003-08-01 at 01:40, Ric wrote:
> > For what it is worth, no problems on MDK 9 using
> > #> xterm -version
> > XFree86 4.2.0(166)
> > and cvs-24hrs.  It always has the "I" pointer in the window and the
> > funky pointer in the scrollbar and always returns to normal when
> xterm
> > window is closed.
> > pointerShape (class Cursor) is the vt100 Xresource; maybe
> > something(RH?) is trying to change it from the default value(''
> xterm
> > '').
> > I just did  xrdb -q  to list mine and found that something has
> added
> > the xterm*reverseWrap: true  (which is strange because it is
> already in
> > the Xresources...).
> >
> > A suggestion.  You will probably have to logout/login afterwards to
> > restore settings but you can try
> > xrdb ~/.Xdefaults
> > (or wherever your .Xdefaults might be) and see if the problem goes
> > away.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > --- edscott wilson garcia <edscott at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:
> > >
> > > The most recent xfce4 cvs presents a weird behavior with the
> cursor
> > > and
> > > xterm. When the pointer enters xterm, it assumes different
> shapes,
> > > like
> > > if you have a gimp window open, it will assume the pointer of the
> > > gimp
> > > application. Sometimes it will assume the big X cursor that is
> > > default
> > > to X. And depending on how you exit the window, the cursor may or
> may
> > > not return to normal. This is on redhat 9 and xfwm4. Has anybody
> > > noticed
> > > any similar problems or is it just me?
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Edscott

> > =====
> > Have A Great Day!
> >
> > Ric
> > ***
> > Mondale knew this was gonna be a bad day when he called
> > Dial-a-Prayer and the taped message answered him by name.
> >  -- Bob Hope, 1903-2003

=====
Have A Great Day!

Ric