nedir problems with xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Sep 22 10:26:41 CEST 2002

Hi Jens,

Oddly enough, NEdit is what I use exclusively for years. All the code I
write, both at work and at home is typed in NEdit.

I never had such problem.

What Motif do you use ? Do you use the statically linked binary provided
by nedit.org or do you use a shared version ? If so, do you use
openmotif or lesstif ?

As a side note, you may want to use "nc" instead of nedit so you have
only one nedit process at a time.

I define an alias like this :

alias edit="/usr/X11R6/bin/nc -noask"

Then every time I run edit, it connects to the existing nedit process at
ask it to open a new window. Saves a lot of memory and time.

But, as a nutshell, no, there is no problem with xfwm4 and nedit, at
least for me.

Cheers,
Olivier.