nedir problems with xfwm4

Jens Luedicke jens at irs-net.com
Sun Sep 22 10:53:56 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 10:26, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> What Motif do you use ? Do you use the statically linked binary provided
> by nedit.org or do you use a shared version ? If so, do you use
> openmotif or lesstif ?

lesstif (but I have openmotif installed because Opera
needs if for its Plugin-Support). I use the 'nedit' package
from Debian.

> As a side note, you may want to use "nc" instead of nedit so you have
> only one nedit process at a time.
>
> I define an alias like this :
>
> alias edit="/usr/X11R6/bin/nc -noask"
>
> Then every time I run edit, it connects to the existing nedit process at
> ask it to open a new window. Saves a lot of memory and time.

when I do that both windows stay usable. Odd.
Otherwise one of them is frozen.

1. nedit
2. File -> Open (select something)
3. File -> Open (select something else)
4. the resulting window in frozen

If I open the files in two different 'nedit' processes
it works fine as well.

metacity shows the same problems so far.

Jens